- English in Action 4
- English in Action 4 workbook
- More Grammar Practice, Book 2
These books are sold as a packet in the MATC West Allis bookstore.
If you will be absent, try to get the homework from another student. Handouts that are given out in class will also be posted on this page so you can print them out. You are responsible for doing the homework even if you are not in class.
- We will also watch "The Making of Milwaukee" in class and and write about what we have learned. If you are absent or want to watch the videos again, use the link that is posted on Blackboard. For copyright reasons, I cannot put the link here.
- The videos do not have sub-titles, but you can read the script. You can read it on your computer or print it out. Copies of the script will not be given out in class.
- You will receive a handout in class every time we watch a video. There will also be a homework assignment. If you miss a class, you can get the handouts on this page and print them out. You are responsible for doing the homework even if you are not in class.
Other class handouts
- Learn about West Allis.West Allis in this 1/2 hour video.
- Advanced Writing for ESL Students is from the University of Victoria English Language Centre in Canada. Look at the "grammar and structure" section and the "writing tips" section, and choose the topics that you're interested in, or the topics we're working on in class.
- Sentence Skills Test is from Bunker Hill Community College.
- Reading Comprehension Test is from Bunker Hill Community College.
- OWL is the Online Writing Lab at Purdue University. You can find many exercises and explanations about grammar and writing.